Monday, April 20, 2009

Discipleship

God has placed such a desire in my heart for training people in discipleship. It seems that since the beginning of the year, God has placed an even greater burden for this area. I feel that it is absolutely essential for the survival and advancement of the Kingdom of God. God has called each and every believer to be a disciple and to make disciples.

With this burden, I have decided to begin a discipleship class on Wednesday evenings. The class will be called Life 101. I am so excited about this new class and can not wait to get it started. The start up date is May 6. We are going to begin this journey by first defining what a disciple is and then we are going to work on how to disciple others. Please keep us in prayer as we begin this new class.

Finally, I can not begin to say how much God has blessed in our services lately. There has been such a freedom in our worship services and a deeper level of worship by our people. It is so exciting and refreshing. I agree with David when he said, "I was glad when they said unto me, let us go into the house of the Lord."

No comments: