Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Blessings of the Lord

How awesome it was to be in church today. We had a wonderful service, the praise and worship was great and the Lord was with us in each service. We had a Gideon representative in our service this morning and he gave a wonderful report. He said that the Gideons around the world places a testament somewhere in the world every time your heart beats! Wouldn't it be great if each time our heart beats someone gives their life to the Lord?

I am seriously concerned about the state of the church in America. We enjoy the blessings of the Lord in this country, but we are not doing what God has called us to do. We get so caught up in our programs that we get our focus off of the Great Commission. Jesus longs to see people saved (it is not His will that any should perish). My prayer is that God's people will get a burden for the lost around us. God is calling His church back to prayer and intercession for the lost. Let's get busy seeing souls saved in the House of God. Lord, send revival among Your people and let it begin with me!

1 comment:

JDWilkes said...

wonderful service I had personal testimony to give gideons rep in thanking gideons for the service in the Lord they provide.Having had a poket size new testament giving me with words of exortion I rededicated my being to are King and recieved baptism in the Holy Spirit that was in 1990 has I walked the yard of a prision compond.Praise be Father Son Holy Spirit.