Friday, January 29, 2010

Seasons

I am so ready for Fall! Yes, I said Fall - not Spring! I love the fall season of the year. I enjoy Spring, but Spring here in Oklahoma means Tornado's! I don't care for the storms either. Now fall, that is a wonderful time of the year - color changes, cool weather and beautiful scenery! Winter - cold, dead, icy and stuck in the house! I know that every season has its purpose and without the changes of the seasons creation would get out of balance.

Although I may not like the winter and spring, God certainly knew what He was doing when he created the world. Without the deadness of winter, spring would not be as beautiful. Without the storms of spring, grass would not turn green and the flowers would not bloom. Without the warmth of summer, we would not dry out from the spring rains. God told us in Ecclesiastes 3:1,"To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven:" Every season has its purpose - that is the way God made it.

It gives me great comfort in knowing that when the storms of life come, when the deadness of winter come and when the heat of the battle rages God has given us His promise that He is there in the midst of it all! What a comfort to know that Jesus loves us so much that he does not abandon us in the trials and tribulations of life! He is a wonderful God who loves us and wants to have a personal relationship with us! Take the time today to thank God for the seasons of our lives!

1 comment: